Hours taught: 4
Goals for the year:
• Develop all four language competences of the students (reading, listening, writing, speaking);
• Amplify and practice using vocabulary in various topics and contexts;
• Creating a good athmosphere for communicating in Spanish in real-life situations;
• Encourage verbal skills through communication activities and self-expression;
• Develop skills for passing a B1 level language exam.
Abilities that will be developed:
• Students will be able to comprehend literary and informational texts of increasing complexity
• They will acquire flexible communication and interpersonal skills
• Improve and practice listening and speaking skills through regular conversation, in-class discussions, oral presentations and class activities
• Students will produce pieces of writing in which organization, substance and style are appropriate to task.
• Writing skills: students will learn about sentence structure, writing a paragraph, introducing an idea, supporting an argument and comparing and contrasting.
• Speaking skills: giving independent oral presentations and participating in class discussions on a variety of topics
• Overall: build self- confidence and strength in all areas of the Spanish language
Teaching materials: Textbooks and workbooks (Espacio Joven A2.1, A2.2)
Correct use of copular verbs (ser/estar), imperative mood (affirmative and negative), comparative structures, morphology and use of past tenses (pretérito imperfecto, pretérito pluscuamperfecto), future tense, temporal expressions, verbal locutions, indefinite pronouns and adjectives
Turism, Technology, Shopping, Relationships, Climate, Freetime activities, Politics, Environment, Household chores
diphthongs, accents, punctuation, capital letters in Spanish, entonation curves
• Authentic and relevant audio and video material according to the topics for listening and comprehension activities;
• Handouts from other relevant textbooks and exercise books;
• Easy Spanish lectures relevant for the students’ level (books, magazines).
Students’ responsibilities for successful completion of course:
• To have a positive attitude and eagerness towards learning
• To have a clear understanding of what is expected of them
• To come to school prepared at all times
• To always complete tasks assigned in class
• To do their homework regularly
• To try to be helpful, responsible and respectful toward one another
• To enjoy what they are doing, and learn from it
• Regular grammar and structure controls,
• Regular evaluations of writing assignements,
• Evaluations of oral presentations and projects.