Hours taught: 1
Goals for the year:
Introduce Jewish holidays and tradition, read stories from the Tanach.
Interpret the stories through drawings and drama.
Celebrate Jewish Holidays together.
Introduce Jewish symbols.
Abilities that will be developed:
Improve and develop vocabulary.
Strengthen communication skills, judgement, self-expression, memory.
- Beshallach - Life in the wilderness
- Yitro - Ten Commandments
- Mishpatim - Social laws
- Terumah - Building the Tent (Mishkan)
- Tetzaveh - The special rule of the Kohein
- Ki Tissa -The golden calf
- Vayakhel - The special objects of the Tent (Mishkan)
- Pekudei - Column of Cloud and Fire
- Va-Yikra - Offerings to G-d
- Tzav - The rules for making an Offer to G-d
- Shemini-Nadav and Abihu
- Tazria - The Kohanim as helpers of the Jewish People
- Metzora - Taking care of other people
Symbols of Jewish life: Mezuzah, Tefillin and talith, Menorah
Jewish Holidays: Shabbat, Rosh Hashanah , Yom Kippur, Sukkoth, Simchat Torah, Chanukkah, Tu B’Shevat, Purim, Pesach, Yom Ha’atzmaut, Yom Yerushalayim, Savuot
Students’ responsibilities for successful completion of course:
Participation in class.
Active participation in dramatic plays.
Completion of written and oral tasks.